Personal Protective Equipment for Large Institutions
Below is a summary of ASTM F2407 standard recognized by the FDA.
- Tensile Strength: ASTM D5034, ASTM D1682
- Tear resistance: ASTM D5587(woven), ASTM D5587 (nonwoven), ASTM D1424
- Seam Strength: ASTM D751 (stretch woven or knit)
- Lint Generation (ISO 9073 Part 10)
- Water vapor transmission (breathability) ASTM F1868 Part B, ASTM D6701 (nonwoven), ASTM D737-75
American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the Association of the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI): ANSI/AAMI PB70:2003 describes liquid barrier performance and classification of protective apparel and drapes intended for use in health care facilities.